Gedeon Richter ostaa Finox Holdingin
30. kesäkuuta ilmoitettiin, että Gedeon Richter ostaa sveitsiläisen biotekniikka-alan yrityksen Finox Holdingin, jonka tuotteisiin kuuluu Bemfola®. Gedeon Richter saa globaalit oikeudet Bemfolaan®, jota myydään tällä hetkellä yli 20 maassa. Hedelmällisyyshoitoihin käytettävä Bemfola® on erinomainen lisä Gedeon Richterin tuotevalikoimaan naisten terveyden alalla. Lue lisää yrityskaupasta alla olevasta englanninkielisestä lehdistötiedotteesta.
Richter announces the acquisition of Finox Holding for a consideration of CHF190 million.
- Finox Holding, a Swiss based biotech company engaged in the development and commercialisation of innovative and cost effective products addressing female fertility.
- Finox Holding product BEMFOLA® is a biosimilar r-hFSH, which stimulates the ovaries in order to treat infertility.
- Richter obtains global rights for BEMFOLA® for which marketing authorization was already granted in EU in May 2014 and is currently sold in more than 20 countries. The rights for r-hFSH containing product to be registered by the FDA and the distribution in the USA were excluded from the transaction and will remain in the ownership of Dr h.c. Willy Michel.
- Benefits of the acquisition: o Complements Richter’s existing Women’s Healthcare franchise.
Gedeon Richter Plc (“Richter”) today announces the acquisition of Finox Holding (“Finox”), a privately held Swiss biotech company focused on development and commercialisation of innovative and cost effective products addressing female fertility.
Finox’s product, BEMFOLA® is a recombinant-human Follicle Stimulating Hormone (r-hFSH) which was developed as a biosimilar to GONAL-f®, an established reference product. BEMFOLA® was the first biosimilar r-hFSH launched in Europe. It is currently commercialised in the European Union, in Israel, in the Middle East and in Australia. The product gained significant market share since its initial introduction in Q2 2014.
Consequent to this acquisition Richter will integrate the Finox team focusing on female fertility as part of its growing specialised Women’s Healthcare business. Finox’s senior management and commercial teams have extensive experience in women’s reproductive medicine from leading international pharmaceutical companies.